A1:It is a web-based solution that allows you to easily view CSA's occupational health and safety (OHS) standards referenced in regulations issued under Canadian jurisdictions. It is being undertaken as a 2-year pilot project.
A2:It is a collaborative effort of CSA and all government departments responsible for OHS to increase adoption of standards in the workplace and, ultimately, to improve regulatory compliance and worker safety.
A3:When you enter basic profile information, the site generates a list of CSA OHS standards referenced in the legislation/regulations of your jurisdiction. To view CSA OHS standards referenced in all jurisdictions, select “All” from the drop down menu. Click on the edition to view that standard’s content. Since the list will be updated annually, you are encouraged to contact your chosen jurisdiction for confirmation that the standards viewed are a complete listing of currently referenced standards.
A4:The approximately 260 CSA OHS standards identified by the various Canadian jurisdictions as currently referenced in OHS regulations are available for viewing. If an archived document is referenced in a jurisdiction, the current edition is also available to show that it has been updated. This feature brings the total number of OHS standards available through “View Access” to approximately 350. A few related standards that are referenced in OHS legislation are only available for purchase.
A5:Simply register as a first-time user on the Home page and click on Register. After completing the form provided, you will be able to view CSA OHS standards referenced in your jurisdiction or select another jurisdiction of your choice. Please note that Adobe Flash Player is required to view the files.
A7:Yes. There are many reasons why purchasing a standard makes sense. CSA offers a variety of options and formats to meet individual needs.
- Employees can access their customized collection of standards from anywhere at any time.
- Concurrent user licenses allow an organization to cost-effectively share access to the collection among its staff.
- While the service is managed online, a customer’s collection is also portable – standards can be easily downloaded or printed for reference purposes as needed.
- Users get access to current editions of CSA standards in English and French (as available) and access to CSA’s standards archive as it relates to the customer’s collection.
- Users always have access to the most up-to-date standards.
- Purchase individual standards in PDF, hardcopy, CD-ROM and mobile device format.
- PDF and CD-ROM formats contain added features such as the ability to print, hyperlinks and interactive calculations.
- Users are notified via email of any changes to standards they have purchased.
A8:You have several choices. CSA Online Subscription Service is a web-based, annual subscription that allows you to develop an up-to-date custom library of standards and related documents. Subscription documents are available in Adobe Acrobat format (PDF) for instant viewing or downloading. CSA Online Store offers over 3,000 standards and related documents, available for purchase and immediate downloads. Some documents are published in a "smart" CD-ROM edition with enhanced features and mobile device format.